House Painters Sydney
Truly excellent interior painting requires considerable skill and experience. So we should leave this to the professionals. But even if we don’t have years of experience we can benefit from the advice who do have that experience.
Better Interior House Painting Sydney
– Wait for dry weather, or at least dry conditions inside the building. This helps the paint dry more rapidly.
The issue is dry (lack of humidity) rather than hot. Cool but dry conditions are ideal.
– Visually inspect walls for cracks, flaking painting, or any area that appears rough. Deal with these by sanding, scrapping and by filling in gaps. You need a perfectly flat dry surface for decent painting.
– Wash the walls. Start by vacuuming with a soft brush attachment, to remove dust. Then use sugar soap to remove light oil and grease. – If there are heavy grease spots, perhaps near a stove or fireplace, then clean these with strong solvents like De-Solve-It or Acetone.
– Buy High quality brushes, rollers and painters tape. These will hold paint well so they make the job easier, and quicker. you will also get better results.
– Cover anything that needs to be protected from paint. Use drop-sheets and painters tape. Remember to cover electrical fittings, or remove them if possible.
– Use tinted primer. The tint should be similar to the final colour. This prevents any marks on the wall from showing through the paint. It is easier and cheaper to use tinted primer than to give a second coat of paint.
– Get a close estimate on the amount of the paint you will need to cover the walls. A hardware store should be able to help here. You should have a small amount of leftover paint – store this in a small glass airtight container. It will be useful for repairs.
– Start by cutting in the edges with a brush. Then use a roller to paint the rest of the walls, starting at the top.
House Painting Sydney
Good paintwork can renovate an unattractive room, and bring any space closer to its potential. Call the professionals for the best results.