Exterior House Painting Sydney
Most home painting is done on the interior. But some homes, usually timber homes, have their exterior painted as well. This exterior painting is quite different to the painting done inside. The type of paint used is different, the painting techniques are different, and the exterior painting is needed to help maintain the home, because the home exterior is exposed to the outside weather.
Differences with Exterior House Painting
– Exterior painting must protect the surface that it covers. This means protecting the timber of the house, or the iron railing. An unpainted surface will only last a few years.
– The exterior paint materials are different, designed to withstand the heat of the sun and rainy weather for several years. The type of paint used for interior surfaces will not last very long outside.
– Exterior paint will resist fading in the Sun and Heat
Exterior paint will have water proof qualities to protect timber.
Some exterior paint for metal will have rust protection properties.
– Exterior paints, with their matching undercoats, are designed to bond to timber or metal. Interior paint will only bond to drywall, or indoor timbers with a matching undercoat.
– Exterior paints release more VOC than interior paint. This is acceptable outdoors, but not good indoors where the fumes cannot easily dispel.
Advice for Exterior House Painting Sydney
– Exterior paint is expensive to buy, but it lasts for a while, so it is not too expensive in the long term. Don’t be tempted by cheaper paint, it will not last. Shop around for a name brand.
– Consider the surroundings of your home when choosing the paint colours. Some elements in the surroundings are permanent, like paths, brickwork, swimming pool, trees ..etc. These usually stay the same colour. Choose paint colours for the home that suit the permanent elements of the surrounds.
– Remember that gutters, railing, fences can be painted. you might choose to paint these a colour that suits the home.
– The trim of the home, the window frames, he door frames, the edges of walls, can be painted a different colour shade to the rest of the home. Consider a darker shade of the colour used for the rest of the walls. You might match this colour to suit the fences and railings.
House Painters Sydney
Exterior Home painting is important for both the appearance and long term maintenance. Have the painting done by Professionals.
The content of this article is meant for informational purposes only and should not be considered a source of professional advice, recommendations, or endorsements. It is not a substitute for seeking expert guidance or making well-informed decisions based on individual circumstances. Although we strive for accuracy and reliability, we cannot guarantee the information's completeness or suitability for all situations. Readers are urged to verify facts, consult experts, and consider their own context before taking actions or decisions based on this content. No warranties, explicit or implied, are provided regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the presented information. Relying on this information is at the reader's own discretion and risk. We encourage readers to consult relevant professionals or experts for advice tailored to their specific needs. Neither the author, publisher, nor any affiliated parties will be held responsible for errors, omissions, or damages resulting from the use or reliance on the information in this article.