House Painting Sydney
If we want to paint doors then we need a slightly different approach; doors are little different to interior walls.
Most doors need some preparation before painting.
– Sandpaper with a sanding block
– Putty/Wood Filler
– Protective Drop Cloth
– Smaller Paintbrush
– Masking Tape and knife.
– Perhaps a Mini Roller with a Mini Roller tray
Door Painting Method:
– Remove the doorknob if possible. It is difficult to paint around the doorknob. remove anything else from the surface of the door.
– Consider taking the door off the hinges and painting it outside. This will make the process easier, and prevent paint fumes inside.
– Tape over the hinges, and use a knife to trim the edges around the hinge.
– Check the door for dents and scratches. Fill in any large dents, and then sand the surface smooth. Use a sanding block to keep the surface as flat as possible. Any imperfections will show through to the final paint.
– Then sand the entire door with 220 grit sandpaper. This gives a slightly rough surface for the paint to adhere to.
– Vacuum the door before painting.
– Paint the inside edge first, where the hinges are. Use a brush.
– Then use a roller to paint the main body of the door. You will probably need to wait for the paint to dry if you want to do the door’s other side.
– If the door has decorations, like paneling, this will require some extra work. Wait till the first paint is dry, then paint the panels/decor. Use masking tape to cover the areas that should not be painted.
– Only reattach the door when is is dry.
Doors often work well with glossy paint, which resists fingerprints and other marks.
House Painters Sydney
Call the professional Sydney painters for the best results. We advise on the right decor, and finish in the best possible time.