Over recent generations, interior wall paints have evolved significantly. While three basic finishes dominated the market, newer types have emerged, offering varied benefits for different applications.
Glossy Finish Paint
- Historical Popularity: Gloss paint, once the go-to finish, especially for exteriors, is still widely used.
- Benefits: Its shiny finish repels water and moisture, making it stain-resistant—a top choice for areas prone to staining.
- Drawbacks: Gloss paint highlights surface imperfections, necessitating meticulous surface preparation.
- Characteristics: A less reflective variant of gloss paint, offering similar water and stain resistance.
- Advantages: It’s more forgiving on minor surface flaws and emits less chemical odour when drying.
- Use: Often seen as a balanced option for various home areas.
Matt Finish for Interiors
- Popularity: Matt paint has been the preferred choice for indoor spaces for the last few generations.
- Texture and Appearance: It features a chalky texture that diffuses light, effectively masking surface blemishes.
- Limitation: Its main drawback is lower stain resistance compared to glossier finishes.
- Recent Innovation: A modern development in paint technology, eggshell finish combines the best of both worlds.
- Appearance and Durability: It offers a subtle sheen, concealing imperfections like matt paint while being nearly as stain-resistant as full gloss.
- Eco-Friendly: Many eggshell paints are environmentally friendly, adding to their appeal.
Consultation with Experts
- Tailored Choices: For home or strata painting in Sydney, consulting painting experts is beneficial. They can advise on the best finishes for different rooms, considering factors like durability and aesthetic appeal.
- Room-Specific Recommendations: While eggshell finish suits most rooms, areas like kitchens and bathrooms may benefit more from gloss paint due to its superior stain resistance.
Understanding the properties and advantages of different paint finishes can significantly impact the outcome and longevity of your interior painting project in Sydney.
The content of this article is meant for informational purposes only and should not be considered a source of professional advice, recommendations, or endorsements. It is not a substitute for seeking expert guidance or making well-informed decisions based on individual circumstances. Although we strive for accuracy and reliability, we cannot guarantee the information's completeness or suitability for all situations. Readers are urged to verify facts, consult experts, and consider their own context before taking actions or decisions based on this content. No warranties, explicit or implied, are provided regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the presented information. Relying on this information is at the reader's own discretion and risk. We encourage readers to consult relevant professionals or experts for advice tailored to their specific needs. Neither the author, publisher, nor any affiliated parties will be held responsible for errors, omissions, or damages resulting from the use or reliance on the information in this article.